CONTRACT AND HEALTH GUARANTEE
1. Buyer accepts the responsibility of providing exceptional care for the cat's physical and psychological condition. Buyer must guarantee that the cat will have regular veterinarian care, and quality life conditions: the cat cannot be caged, needs to be feed high quality nutrition, needs to always have access to fresh water, and have well heated or cooled areas in extreme temperatures.
2. Spay and Neuter. Buyer agrees that this kitten was purchased as a pet (not for breeding or showing), and unless altered before sale, males must be neutered before the age of 9 months old, and females must be spayed by 6 months old (due to high risk of pyometra if not spayed).
SPAY/NEUTER SURGERY REQUIREMENTS: Bloodwork must be performed prior to any surgery, if not completed prior to surgery, this contract is null and void. Since Ketamine and Ketamine cocktails are linked to organ failure in cats and even death at the time of surgery, Buyer recommends finding a vet that uses GAS ONLY for Spay/Neuter, dental work, or any surgery. The SELLER will not cover death during any surgery or organ injury during a surgery or side effects as a result. Some vets are reluctant to admit the link between heart failure, organ damage, and death as a result of ketamine or a ketamine cocktail or any injectable anesthesia with cats. However, there are vets who are aware that some cats have a reaction and will only use gas for cats (safe gases for cats are sevoflurane or isoflurane). You are your cats advocate, please keep them safe and be their voice.
3. Health Guarantee FOR THE FIRST FIVE DAYS AFTER PICK-UP/DELIVERY: This kitten is guaranteed of sound health upon delivery or arrival, and for a period of five business days thereafter, if vetted within that time. Failure to have the kitten/cat checked by a licensed veterinarian within five business days will void any guarantee in this contract. It is recommended that the new kitten be quarantined if you have other cats during that period (a period of 7 to 10 days after you take them home). If found to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life-threatening health problem within these five days, this must be reported to the Seller within 24 hours. If professional medical care is given to the kitten during the five business days, the Buyer shall be responsible for all veterinary and professional expenses incurred on behalf of the kitten. The Seller shall at no time and under no circumstances be liable for more than the replacement of the kitten. Upon its return, it will be replaced with another kitten of equal value within 12 months or first available. The Seller reserves the right to refund the buyer, if no replacement is available during the 12-month period. If the Buyer requests to keep the affected kitten, the Buyer will assume all veterinary costs. The Seller will not cover any vet bills, the choice to keep the kitten by the Buyer means the Buyer assumes all costs and declines a replacement kitten. Buyer agrees to authorize permission for their veterinarian(s) to disclose any and all veterinary information pertaining to said Kitten. Breeder can ask which clinic(s) and send the veterinarian(s) a copy of this Contract to gain access, if need be.
4. The kitten is guaranteed against life-threatening congenital defects for TWO YEARS. Should the animal die within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, the cat will be replaced ONLY if an appropriate necropsy is performed by a licensed veterinarian and a veterinarian's certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. A replacement will be made of a cat of comparable quality and value, as available, at the discretion of the Seller. The Buyer must provide the Seller with a copy of the necropsy.
5. VACCINATION POLICY: When the kitten arrives at your home and it's time for the next vaccines, he/she will have been inoculated at least once for (1) Panleukopenia, (2) Viral Rhinotracheitis, (3) Calicivirus. The Seller provides the first CORE vaccines, which are a lot for a kitten's system, OPTIONAL vaccines are per the Buyer and their vets discretion but death or injury as a result will not be covered under this contract. Any vaccine death or injury due to vaccines or seems within a timeframe of just receiving a vaccine will not be covered. All vaccines carry health risks, and this is not a result of my cattery or genetics, and Buyer assumes all vaccine risks.
6. KITTEN RETURN POLICY: The buyer agrees that this cat will at no time be sold, leased, or given to any pet shop, animal dealer, animal research facility, animal shelter, rescue or to anyone who has ever been convicted of neglect of or cruelty to an animal, nor shall it be abandoned. It is the intention of the Seller that the Buyer be a permanent placement. If at any time the Buyer becomes unable to care for the kitten, Seller is given the right of first refusal. If the Seller does not receive the kitten, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to place the kitten in a home that meets the same conditions as stated in this contract. This contract is NOT transferable. There is no refund for any kitten if the Buyer can't keep said kitten by the Seller (no returns or a refund), including, if the Seller is able to take the kitten back.
6. Buyer agrees not to declaw this cat under any circumstances.
7. Any legal action which may arise under the terms of this contract will be brought to the COUNTY of the current residence of the Seller, Mountain Peak Coon Cattery. Buyer shall be liable for any court costs and related charges including attorney's fees associated with Seller enforcing the terms of this contract. This agreement is the entire agreement between parties. Buyer and Breeder agrees all information shall be considered confidential. Any negative information about Mountain Peak Maine Coon or its owners is transmitted, disclosed, or distributed, Buyer may be held liable for any and all damages. Including but not limited to, compensatory and punitive, and any legal fees the Breeder may incur. Any legal action which may arise (under the terms of this Purchase Agreement) will be governed in County the Breeder resides. Buyer will be liable for all court costs and related charges including but not limited to attorney's fees associated with Breeder enforcing the terms of this Purchase Agreement.
8. This guarantee does not include said kitten having minor illnesses and health issues such as colds, allergies, ringworm, internal or external parasites. We can't guarantee our kittens against illness or opportunistic parasites brought on by stress such as moving (from our house to yours.) However, Breeder will disclose any known illnesses or health issues prior to pick-up or delivery from Buyer to Seller.
SELLER RECOMMENDATIONS The kitten should be isolated from other cats for at least one week to 14 days to acclimate to its new surroundings and avoid stress related illnesses. Any changes to the kitten’s diet the first six months should be avoided as changes may result in episodes of diarrhea and stress. The kitten should be given frequent and kind human attention with a generous amount of play and exercise. The kitten should not be caged with the exception of short-term confinement if necessary—and with a litter box, food, and water provided. Provide plenty of water always, Maine Coon's drink and need a lot of water. Kitten is to be fed a healthy diet and maintain a healthy weight through its life. Highly recommend Microchipping and Pet Health Insurance (such as, Embrace).
In signing this document, Buyer acknowledges that he/she has read, fully understands, and agrees to all of the terms and conditions of the above sale.
Please sign by filling in your legal first and last name, date, and email.